Friday, November 1, 2013

Exciting News

We've taken the plunge, we are having a baby!

We are scared, nervous, and anxious about having a baby, but mostly we are just excited!  It is hard to imagine that when my mother was my age, she already had 3 children and how young she must've felt during that first pregnancy.  Even as I'm nearing thirty, I still feel too young!  I don't know nothin' 'bout birthin' no babies!

But I am so joyful to experience such an amazing time with my husband.
Joey and I have been together now almost 7 years, married for nearly 4 of those years.  It is strange to think back to our first dates when we were so young and new to each other.  I can remember telling my mother that he was different, that I really liked him, and that he treated me with so much respect and chivalry.  I remember thinking he was so much more mature than other college boys, he was already a man, really.


We were really just kids then, naive to both the happiness and the tragedies that life would bring us in 7 short years.  We have grown up together.

I am so fortunate to have this amazing man as my husband.  We have celebrated our college graduation, our graduate school graduations, our first jobs and our first home. He has supported me during the start of a new business, and held me through the loss of loved ones.  We live in a 1 mile radius of my entire family, and he does not complain (most of the time).  He thinks my stop-motion animations are great, not weird, and he carried one of my friends the entire length of Beale Street after she sprained her ankle.  He is strong and smart, and the most gentle person I've ever come across.  

This man is a keeper.  This is a man who I am proud and excited to be the father of my children.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a delightful comment!