Friday, February 8, 2013

Out on the Town

This weekend I will be out on the town in New Orleans for Mardi Gras! 
1

The hubs is from that area, and my father-in-law will be riding in the Endymion Parade, which means we will get to go to the ball!  Glitz and glam, and perhaps...a mask?  I am so inspired by these Valentino beauties that walked the runway in 2009.   
23

These bad boys were designed by celebrity miliner Philip Treacy.  Gaga is always sporting his looks, and he also designed Madonna's superbowl headwear from 2012.  He also designed pieces for Sara Jessica Parker in S&TC.  But you may recall some of his famous creations that attended the Royal Wedding, especially that one of Beatrice's....

4
more of Treacy's designs....
 
But Philip Treacy's other creations are beyond extraordinary, and definitely Mardi Gras worthy!  Wishing I had one of these fabulous fascinators!  
56
 Warhol Brillo Boxes anyone?  Small Circus on your head?

7
 ...seriously, what is this?  I don't care, I love it!

8

I'm Over the Moon for these fascinators, ya'll!  Happy Mardi Gras!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a delightful comment!