Thursday, February 21, 2013

Domestic Goddess

In what I know is a futile attempt to reach my 3-5 servings of veggies a day, I have caved to the trend of green smoothies.  I was reluctant at first, mostly because they're so trendy I think, but after seeing 1-million pinterest pins on how they actually taste good, I broke down.
 
They're actually delicious.........................
I make one for each of us every morning, and if the mister will drink it, it must not be that bad.  I went ahead and deemed this one the World's Best, because well, why not?!
 
FOR 2 SERVINGS, YOU WILL NEED:
 
2 C. Spinach
2 C. Mixed fruits*
1/2 C. Skim milk
4 T Non-fat yogurt (I use vanilla for some added flavor)
1/2 C. Crushed Ice
 
*I use 1 banana unfrozen, and the following frozen: 1/2 orange, 1/2 apple, and 4-6 straweberries, all chopped, to create a good consistency that won't make the blender mad.  If your blender does get mad, add a little more milk.
 
 
1. Start by going to Aldi, or anywhere else where you can get an abundance of fruit for a good price.
2. Chop it up and store it in small containers in the freezer.
3. Throw the frozen fruit and other ingredients in a blender or if you're really fancy, like me, a smoothie blender (thanks, mom).
5. Plop a delightful straw into your glass, like the ones in the pic by Meri Meri, and serve with an adorable cocktail napkin, unlike the ones pictured that I found in the back of my buffet drawer, like these, these, these or these.
4. Enjoy thoroughly this delicious, all fresh, treat.
 
By my "official" estimation, each of these bad boys has 1 serving veggies, and 1 serving fruit.  Not too shabby....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a delightful comment!